In a moment, everything can change. Often, victims in tow truck accidents are hurt through no fault of their own. Distracted driving, poor tow truck maintenance, or a lack of training are just a few of the common causes of this type of accident.
If you’ve been hurt in a tow truck accident, there are opportunities available to help you recover some of what you’ve lost. We can help you protect your right to compensation so you’re not left holding the financial burden of someone else’s negligence.
Types of Damages You May Be Able to Claim After an Accident
The damages awarded depend on the outcome of the accident. The more significant injuries are, the higher those damages are likely to climb. Consider a few of the most common types of damages victims often suffer as a result of tow truck accidents:
- Emergency medical care. This may include an ambulance ride, all care in the ER, emergency surgical procedures, and any type of medical care received initially.
- Hospital stays. This includes all care provided for any type of required hospital stay resulting from injuries from the accident.
- Specialist care. The cost of neurologists and other specialists who need to provide care to you as a result of the accident both initially and in the long term should be included in your financial recovery.
- Rehabilitation costs. Some people must spend time in a rehab center. Others need to come in for treatment on an ongoing basis for days, weeks, or months.
- Future medical expenses. This may include future surgical procedures, long-term medication needs, and medical equipment needs.
- Lost income. Any time that you miss work due to your injuries may be compensation that’s owed to you. That includes the time you miss to attend court hearings or to receive medical care.
- Out-of-pocket expenses. You may need to rent a vehicle while yours is being worked on. Or, you may have other costs such as co-pays that you need to make before receiving care. Those may be a part of the claim.
- Pain and suffering. You may suffer not just pain at the time of the incident, but long-term losses such as a loss of quality of life or the inability to do things you once were able to do so. Mobility concerns are a big part of this for many people.
What’s most important is realizing that your damages are specific to your case. Working with a Texas tow truck accident attorney is the best way to determine what all of your losses are.
Protect Your Right to Damages
You may be tempted to accept the insurance company’s first offer so you can try to move on with your life, but consider what may happen if you don’t pursue full financial compensation for what’s owed to you. Your medical insurance coverage may reach a maximum payout, and you may be responsible for any amounts beyond that. You may face financial ruin due to medical debt, the loss of your job, or the inability to work the way you used to.
You don’t have to suffer like this. Seek out the help of an attorney who can work closely with you to make sure you know what your losses really are. Your attorney will help to:
- Understand what occurred
- Prove your right to compensation
- Aid in gathering evidence to support your case
- Handle the claims process with the insurance companies
- Actively protect your rights during a trial if necessary
Contact a Tow Truck Accident Lawyer Today
Don’t face a tow truck accident like this on your own. Instead, work with our dedicated attorneys who are willing to help you protect your rights and fight for the compensation you’re owed. Contact our legal team now to set up a free consultation to discuss your case. Don’t put off getting the help you need. The Button Law Firm has the experience necessary to help you.
Car wrecks can be overwhelming - that's why we created a guide to help you and your loved ones if you've been hit by a reckless driver. Download our guide below or contact us to have a member of our team send you your free copy.