Where Might Texas Children Get Seriously Injured?
Danger lurks everywhere when small children aren’t being properly supervised, or their surroundings are more dangerous than anticipated. Serious injuries to children can happen anywhere, but are commonly seen in or on:
- Amusement parks
- Child event centers
- Community pools
- Foster Homes
- Other people’s homes
- Private pools
What Kinds of Serious Injuries Happen to Kids in Texas?
Serious injuries are often defined by how the injury has impacted a child’s life and the time it will take for the child and family to recover. Examples of serious injuries caused by neglect and abuse of kids or mismanagement of facilities can be:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Emotional trauma
- Psychological trauma
- Broken bones
- Severed fingers, arms, legs, or toes
- Spinal cord injuries
What Kinds of Incidents Cause Injuries to Children?
Children are more likely to underestimate their surroundings – naturally, they get curious and can find themselves in dangerous situations when they are not adequately supervised and protected. It’s important the adult caregiver in charge of keeping children safe does their job correctly. When they fail, children get hurt. Serious child injuries may be caused by neglect or abuse in daycares.
Common daycare incidents include:
- Inappropriate discipline methods
- Physical violence
- Inadequate supervision of children
- Lack of necessary qualifications and training of the adults in charge
- Caregiver inattention and distraction
- Unsafely maintained facilities
- Sexual abuse
- Prohibited punishments, both psychological and physical
- Unsafe mixing of age groups
- Unsupervised use of toys
- Improper sleep practices
- Unsecured changing tables
- Furniture not properly secured to walls
- Car wrecks
- Bike accidents
- Pool drownings:
- Unmaintained and unsafe premises
Speak With a Texas Child Injury Lawyer
What Damages Can Families Recover For?
The aftermath of a serious injury can leave lasting damage on kids. And since children are still in developmental stages, their entire life can be changed because of an unnecessary and preventable incident that happened to them. That’s why it’s important to have a legal team, like the one at The Button Law Firm, who understands how complex damages can get in these cases. Filing a claim or lawsuit against the responsible party will allow for recovery of the following types of child injury damages:
- Emergency room visits
- Doctor’s visits
- Physical therapy
- Psychological therapy
- Medical devices, like casts, crutches, or wheelchairs
- Medication expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Life changes due to scarring and other physical changes
- Social changes
- Mental anguish, stress, and anxiety
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of ability to earn income
How do I pay my child’s medical bills after an injury?
- Medical bills can add up quickly, especially if your child needs serious and ongoing medical help. If your child was injured by another person or organization, it’s important that you hire a child injury attorney to guide you through the often-complicated process of being reimbursed for necessary medical expenses.
Reach Out to Our Texas Child Injury Lawyers Today
We know how difficult getting through this can be. That’s why our experienced team wants to help guide you – as we have helped guide many parents and families within Midland, Houston, Dallas, and the surrounding areas.
You can give us a call at (214) 699-4409 or email us at [email protected]. You can also contact us by filling out the form below or chatting with a member of our team.