What Can Texas Daycare Facilities Do To Hire Qualified Employees?
Daycare facilities in Texas need to hire qualified employees to be child care providers. We don’t want just anyone off the street to be responsible for our kids’ lives while we are hard at work to put food on the table. In order to prevent daycare negligence, we expect safety rules put in place with regard to qualifying and hiring employees.
At a minimum, we expect the daycare employees to:
- Have a passion for kids – meaning they actually enjoy being around and taking care of kids. You don’t want a bunch of teachers that hate kids and get annoyed or frustrated with them. On the other hand, you want those people (and they are out there) that just truly enjoy watching and taking care of kids. It is their passion.
- Patience – anyone who is a parent of any kind, yes animals count (every employee at my firm has pets), knows how important it is to have patience. What we don’t want is someone that gets agitated dealing with kids then not supervise them because they are frustrated.
- Anticipation of harmful child behaviors – we want people that have experience seeing something happen before it does. Most childcare related injuries happen because the teacher is not supervising at all. The second most happen when they are letting the kids run wild and not preventing an injury before it happens. As adults, we can generally see something happen before it does, we must expect this in the people hired to watch our kids.
- Honesty – I should not have to write this, but unfortunately, I do. We have seen numerous incidents where clients have come to us and said they never told me or they downplayed it. Good or bad, parents have a right to know what happens to their kids when they are in the hands of others.
- Caring – do the teachers and daycare upper management really care about kids or is this just something to do to collect a check? Most cases I have seen where the daycare facility alleges it is just “kids being kids” don’t realize that the only time our clients’ kids have been severely injured happened when in daycare. You are paying a daycare facility to take care of your kid while you are at work. Why should you expect anything less than what you would do for your kid?
At the end of the day, the hiring process of daycare employees should be thorough and tedious. Kids are innocent and susceptible to being taken advantage of by daycare workers. For all of the hard-working families where both parents work or with single parents, you deserve to have a daycare hire qualified employees that are trained and supervised.
Daycare Abuse And Negligence Can All Be Traced Back To:
The #1 cause of daycare injuries are caused due to lack of supervision and it all starts with daycares not hiring qualified employees. A lot of times when a daycare injury does occur, many teachers will not even notify a parent and hope that the child doesn't either. Many times this is done to protect themselves or cover up system failures for the facility they work for.
Want To Learn More About What To Do When Your Child Was Injured At A Dallas Daycare?
If you or a loved one has been impacted by a Dallas daycare facility, reach out to us at our main office 214-888-2216 or simply fill out our Contact Us
form. Our daycare negligence team is ready to handle all your needs and answer any questions you may have. When your child is hurt, the last thing you want to do is deal with the legal side. Let us guide you through that process so you can focus on your child’s medical treatment and your family.
If you want more information on how to choose a safe daycare with qualified employees, check out our FREE guide - 11 Tips For Parents Searching For A Safe Daycare. It will cover everything you need to look for to ensure that your child will be safe while under their care.