Delivery Vehicle Accidents in Texas
The continued rise of online shopping and grocery delivery services has contributed to a spike in delivery vans and trucks on Texas roads and highways. In fact, a recent report from eMarketer’s research division found that grocery delivery service Instacart is expected to grow its business by 17.4% by the end of this year. With consumer convenience trends like this, delivery vehicles are here to stay. However, due to their size, these bulky vehicles can be dangerous and sometimes deadly when they cause an accident.
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured in a car crash involving a delivery vehicle, contact our team of delivery accident lawyers at The Button Law Firm. We have experience advocating for innocent accident victims in Texas and can help you seek compensation for your injuries.
Common Causes of Delivery Van Accidents on Texas Roads
Many companies and their drivers work hard to get consumers like you their goods in as fast as an hour. But that means that companies and their drivers are rushing to make deliveries on time, which can lead to careless mistakes that cause an accident. Common causes of wrecks involving delivery vehicles include:
- Distracted driving. A delivery driver’s attention may be split between what is happening on the road and following a navigation app with their route, a timer, or the feedback from a company dispatcher encouraging them to rush.
- Driver exhaustion or drowsy driving. As drivers are pushed to the limit or picking up additional routes, companies don’t always ensure drivers have ample downtime to rest.
- Driver inexperience. In their haste to get consumer goods out quickly, companies do not always take the time to properly train their delivery drivers.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. No explanation needed.
- Improper maintenance of the delivery vehicles that result in mechanical failures.
- Reckless driving such as speeding, running red lights, and not using turn signals.
Common Injuries From Delivery Van Accidents
When an accident is caused by a delivery van or truck, innocent crash victims are often seriously injured. Some common injuries include:
- Broken bones and factures
- Internal injuries, including internal bleeding, organ bruising or puncturing
- Neck and shoulder injuries
- Muscle damages
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
If you were involved in an accident with a delivery vehicle, you may be eligible for compensation to cover:
- Emotional distress
- Lost wages from your job while recovering from your injuries
- Medical expenses, including ongoing medical treatment
- Pain and suffering
If a loved one is tragically killed in an accident involving a delivery vehicle, your family may be eligible for compensation to cover:
- Funeral expenses
- Medical expenses incurred prior to their passing
- Unexpected costly fees
Hurt in a Delivery Van Accident in Texas? We Can Help You
Managing the aftermath can feel overwhelming. Not only do you have to deal with damage to your car, also known as property damage, but you may also have physical injuries, which fall under personal injury claims, and are viewed differently in the eyes of the law. That is where our knowledgeable and compassionate attorneys at The Button Law Firm can make a difference. We will be your advocate and navigate the insurance and legal systems for you, so that you can focus on healing. We will be your partner every step of the way, by listening to you, answering your questions, and keeping you updated on your case. All of our attorneys at The Button Law Firm are recognized on the prestigious Texas Super Lawyers list, and we will fight for you so that you can focus on your recovery and path to reclaiming your life. We have teams in Dallas, Houston, and Midland, so give us a call at 214-699-4409 or submit a contact form here for a free consultation on an accident claim.
More Helpful Information on Texas Delivery Vehicle Accidents from The Button Law Firm
- What to Do If You Were Hit by a Delivery Driver
- What You Need to Know If You Are Injured in a Crash with a Delivery Truck
- Mistakes The Could Impact Your Claim After a Delivery Truck Accident
- How to Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer After a Delivery Truck Accident
- Recovering Damages After a Delivery Truck Wreck
- Proving Liability for a Houston or Dallas-Fort Worth Delivery Truck Crash
Frequently Asked Questions About Helping You with a Delivery Vehicle Accident Claim
Is there a time limit to file a claim in Texas?
In Texas, people who have been injured in a delivery vehicle accident have two years to file a claim. There are some exceptions to this time limit, so contact our team of experts today at 214-699-4409 or fill out a contact form, and we can determine how the legal statutes impact your case.
How much does it cost to file a claim?
At The Button Law Firm, we don’t charge you or collect any upfront fees to get started on your case. We work on contingency. This way, you can focus on healing from your injuries while we focus on advocating and fighting for you. Call us at 214-699-4409 or fill out a contact form to get started.
Who do you represent?
We advocate for adults and children in Texas who have been seriously injured in accidents involving delivery trucks and vans. With offices in Dallas, Houston, and Midland, we are ready to help you and your family anywhere in the Lone Star State.
How can I file a delivery van accident claim in Texas?
Why should I work with The Button Law Firm?
We are dedicated to helping adults and children in Texas who have been severely injured. Our Texas Super Lawyer-rated team is ready to listen to you, advocate for you, and help you hold negligent parties accountable. See what past clients have to say about working with us on their legal matters.