It’s finally happening: After several delays, our operations manager, Elizabeth Bauman, is moving to Texas! Elizabeth has been working remotely from Louisiana since joining our team in 2022, and we couldn’t be more excited to have her in the Lone Star State. Of course, for her, leaving Baton Rouge is bittersweet.
“My husband, Kelly, and I have been in Louisiana for nine years now, and we’ve really enjoyed the food and the friendships we’ve made along the way,” Elizabeth says. “So, we’re closing out our time in Louisiana with a lot of local experiences.”
When Elizabeth says a lot, she means a lot! In the last six months alone, she and Kelly have:
- Visited New Orleans several times
- Attended multiple Mardi Gras parades (including a big one in Baton Rouge’s Spanish Town district)
- Cheered on the New Orleans Saints at more than one football game (Elizabeth and Kelly plan to stay “lifelong Saints fans”)
- Taken relaxing summer trips to Lake Rosemound with friends
- Tailgated at Louisiana State University football, basketball, and baseball games
- Chowed down at local crawfish boils
- Ridden their golf cart through their neighborhood to spot Louisiana alligators, pelicans, and ducks
“I know that Houston has a similar feel, but overall, there’s just something special about Louisiana,” Elizabeth says, adding that if she were to guide a tourist through the state, she would point them to New Orleans first. “New Orleans is my favorite city, and I have a ridiculously long list of restaurants to recommend. If you ever want to know where to eat in New Orleans, just ask — I have you covered!”
Elizabeth has done a fantastic job taking over our operations department remotely in the last year. She revamped our hiring process, improved how we onboard new team members, systematized our database management, implemented new programs, rounded out the operations team and much more. Now that she’ll be just three hours away instead of six, we’re excited to see what else she accomplishes with her 11-year-old Jack Russell terrier, Daisy, by her side!