BLF Attorneys Help Family After Toddler Abused in Dallas Area Daycare
A 2-year-old girl experienced a bruise on her right cheek after a daycare worker cleaning up spilled water pushed her to the ground. The daycare then purposely neglected to inform the parents the incident involved their child—instead, the daycare waited until the little girl’s parents picked her up at the end of the workday.
The toddler’s parents contacted our experienced Texas daycare injury lawyers at The Button Law Firm to get justice. Our legal team was able to hold the daycare accountable for this little girl’s injuries and the daycare’s failures to follow state laws. The family was able to cover expenses and provide needed resources needed to help the toddler heal thanks to a settlement secured by our attorneys.
Texas Daycare Laws
Like all working parents, the little girl’s parents paid the daycare to keep their young daughter safe while they were at work, expecting the facility and its caregivers would deliver on its promise.
In Texas, childcare facilities are required to follow strict minimum care guidelines to protect the children under their care. In this case, the daycare made a series of decisions that violated the state’s minimum standards of care and did not meet the parents’ expectations by:
- Allowing an unqualified director to manage the facility
- Failing to perform background checks and properly train its employees
- Permitting caregivers to use inappropriate discipline methods on the children
- Failing to properly supervise its employees interacting with children
- Not reporting to the parents that the incident involved their child (The girl’s mother was informed of an incident at the daycare, but only found out it was her daughter who was injured when she picked the toddler up at the end of the workday.)
In addition to the list of shortcomings listed above, the daycare facility failed to notify the state of changes in directors. You can learn more about the minimum standards that daycares are required to follow here.
A History of Daycare Violations by This Dallas Area Daycare
During an investigation into the incident involving the toddler’s injuries, it was discovered that the daycare had a pattern of these wrongdoings. The facility was cited by the state several times for:
- Not renewing an expired director certificate with the state
- Failing to meet annual director training requirements
- Using inappropriate discipline methods on the children under its watch, including humiliation, rejection, and yelling
- Employing unqualified and untrained caregivers
Incidents like this are why our Dallas daycare injury lawyers have created a free guide to help parents, like you, find a safe daycare for their children. Our knowledgeable team has found that many childcare facilities with fancy websites fall short on their promises to keep children in their care out of harm’s way. Our goal is to make communities safer, and that starts with empowering and educating parents.
How The Button Law Firm Can Help Your Family with a Daycare Injury Case in Dallas, TX
If your child was abused or neglected at daycare, camp, or school, contact our compassionate child injury attorneys at The Button Law Firm. We are experienced in working on cases involving children, like this case where a toddler was hurt by an unqualified daycare worker. Our attorneys will listen to you and your child to assess the situation and determine where a daycare, camp, or school failed to protect your child in its care. Our attorneys at The Button Law Firm are recognized on the prestigious Texas Super Lawyers list, and we can help guide you after a traumatizing incident involving your child. We work on contingency, meaning we don’t charge you or collect any upfront fees to get started on your case. Call us at 214-699-4409 or fill out the contact form below for a free consultation.