How Our Lawyers Help Houston Families
Earlier this year, the U.S. Census Bureau ranked Houston as the fourth most populated metro area in the country. Since 2010, the population of the nine counties in Houston’s metro area has exploded, with almost 70,000 people moving to the area between July 2020 and July 2021. That means more families with children are living in Houston, and, thus, there is a growing need for experienced attorneys, like our team at The Button Law Firm, who are dedicated to advocating for innocent children and their families in the event that an unspeakable incident has harmed or injured them.
Common Child Injuries in Houston and How They Happen
Like you, parents in Houston do everything they can to keep their children safe. However, sometimes every parent’s worst nightmare becomes reality: Their child is seriously injured while in the care of another person at a daycare or foster care facility, or they are harmed at what’s supposed to be a family-oriented venue like a theme park, or they can even be hurt while riding a school bus.
Unfortunately, compared to adults, children are more susceptible to sustaining serious injuries. Their bodies are small and still developing, so any impact could potentially cause more damage to the skull, spinal cord, bones, and brain. Also, children lack the ability to judge or assess the safety issues that arise from everyday items. A vast majority of the time, injuries that children sustain are preventable with proper supervision. Examples of serious injuries caused by neglect, abuse, or facility mismanagement in Houston include:
- Broken Bones
- Emotional Trauma
- Physical Abuse
- Severed Fingers, Arms, Legs, or Toes
- Sexual Abuse
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Tears in Joints or Muscles
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
Our law firm is here to help families in Houston, like yours, navigate these awful situations and hold responsible individuals/parties accountable. In our experience, the most common injuries to children are caused by:
- Amusement and Theme Parks, Water Parks: Preventable accidents at amusement and theme parks in Houston like Big Rivers, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Splashtown, Funplex, Moody Gardens, Schlitterbahn Waterpark Galveston, and Typhoon Texas can leave children severely injured.
- Daycare Abuse and Neglect: Many parents in Houston rely on daycares to take care of their children while they are at work. Sadly, some daycare centers cut corners resulting in unsafe environments for the children they are supposed to be protecting.
- Foster Care Abuse and Neglect: The Texas foster care system is one of the largest in the country, and, unfortunately, there are cracks in the system that put innocent children in harm's way, leaving them vulnerable to abuse and neglect.
- School Buses: When parents send their children to school on a bus, they trust that their most precious cargo, their kids, will arrive safely. However, this is not always the case for some of the 1.3 million Texas students who ride a school bus every day.
- Summer Camps: Summer camp is an exciting adventure for kids, but serious injuries and harm can occur that ruin your child’s experience.
- Toys: Toys allow children to grow their imaginations, explore creativity, and even help with learning through play. However, children can be seriously harmed when they are not supervised properly while playing with toys.
Was Your Child Hurt in Houston? We Can Help.
If your child has been hurt or harmed in Houston, or anywhere in the metro area, your child and family may be eligible for compensation to cover:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages from missing work to take care of a child recovering from injuries
Russell Button, Ashley Washington, and Jessica Davis, the experienced child injury attorneys at The Button Law Firm, are dedicated to advocating for you and your family if your child is hurt in an incident. With offices in Houston, we are ready to listen, fight for your family, and help your family move forward. Call us at (281) 857-6116 or fill out a contact form. We help families throughout Houston, including Clear Lake, Conroe, Cypress, Deer Park, Friendswood, Galveston, Humble, Katy, Lake Jackson, League City, Missouri City, Pasadena, Pearland, Spring, Sugar Land, The Woodlands, and Tomball.
Frequently Asked Questions About Helping You File a Child Injury Claim
How much does it cost to file a claim?
At The Button Law Firm, we don’t charge you or collect any upfront fees to get started on your case. We work on contingency. This way, your family can focus on helping your child recover from their injuries while we focus on advocating and fighting for you. Call us at (281) 857-6116 or fill out a contact form to get started.
What areas do you serve?
Who do you represent?
We advocate for innocent children who were harmed and their families. Our team of attorneys can also help the family members of loved ones who passed away. With offices in Houston, we are ready to advocate for your family in Houston, Clear Lake, Conroe, Cypress, Deer Park, Friendswood, Galveston, Humble, Katy, Lake Jackson, League City, Missouri City, Pasadena, Pearland, Spring, Sugar Land, The Woodlands, and Tomball.
How can I file a claim?
Simply contact our team of expert child injury lawyers and paralegals by calling (281) 857-6116 or filling out a contact form, and we can determine the best way to help you.
Is there a time limit to file a claim?
Children who were seriously harmed or those with family members of children who were injured or killed because of an accident have two years to file a claim. Contact our team of daycare injury lawyers today at (281) 857-6116 or fill out a contact form, and we can determine how the legal statutes impact your case.
Why should I work with The Button Law Firm?
We are dedicated to helping children and the families of children who have been harmed at daycare, school, or other locations. Our child injury lawyers are ready to listen to you, advocate for your family, and help you hold negligent parties accountable. See what our past clients have to say about working with us to handle their legal matters.