As More Families Move to West Texas, Our Attorneys Are Ready to Help
With its small-town charm, Midland has become a popular place to live. According to a study by WalletHub, Midland was the second-fastest-growing city in the country in 2018. Now, The Midland Development Corporation estimates the Tall City’s population will reach 230,000 people by 2030. That means more families with children are moving to the Permian Basin, and thus, an increasing need for experienced West Texas attorneys, like those at The Button Law Firm. Our Texas child injury lawyer is dedicated to advocating for innocent children and their families in the event that an unspeakable incident has harmed or injured them.
Common Child Injuries and How They Happen in Midland
We know parents in Midland are doing everything they can to keep their children safe. However, sometimes the worst nightmare for parents becomes a reality: Their child is seriously injured in daycare or foster care, at a family-oriented venue like a theme park, or even while riding on a school bus.
Unfortunately, children are more susceptible to serious injuries than adults. Their bodies are small and still developing, so any impact can result in more damage to their skull, spinal cord, bones, and brain. Also, children lack the ability to judge or assess the safety issues that arise from everyday items. A vast majority of the time, injuries that children sustain are preventable with the proper supervision. Examples of serious injuries caused by neglect, abuse, or facility mismanagement in West Texas include:
- Broken Bones
- Emotional Trauma
- Physical Abuse
- Severed Fingers, Arms, Legs, or Toes
- Sexual Abuse
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Tears in Joints or Muscles
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
Our Midland-based law firm is here to help families like yours navigate these awful situations and hold the responsible individuals/parties accountable. In our experience, the most common injuries to children are caused by:
- Amusement, Theme Parks, and Water Parks: Preventable accidents at amusement and theme parks in the Permian Basin like Joyland Amusement Park and Water Rampage can leave children severely injured.
- Daycare Abuse and Neglect: Many parents in Midland rely on daycares to take care of their children while they are at work. Sadly, some daycare centers cut corners resulting in unsafe environments for the children they are supposed to be protecting.
- Foster Care Abuse and Neglect: The Texas foster care system is one of the largest in the country, and unfortunately, there are cracks in the system that put innocent children in harm's way, leaving them vulnerable to abuse and neglect.
- School Buses: When parents send their children to school on a bus, they trust that their most precious cargo, their kids, will arrive safely. However, this is not always the case for some of the 1.3 million Texas students who ride a school bus every day.
- Summer Camps: Summer camp is an exciting adventure for kids, but serious injuries and harm can occur that ruin your child’s experience.
- Toys: Toys allow children to grow their imaginations, explore creativity, and even help with learning through play. However, children can be seriously harmed when they are not supervised properly while playing.
Was Your Child Hurt in Midland and the Surrounding Area? We Can Help.
If your child has been hurt or harmed in Midland, Odessa, Lubbock, or anywhere in the Permian Basin, your child and family may be eligible for compensation to cover:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages from missing work to take care of a child recovering from injuries
Russell Button, Ashley Washington, and Jessica Davis, the experienced child injury attorneys at The Button Law Firm, are dedicated to advocating for you and your family if your child is hurt in an incident. With offices in Midland, we are ready to listen, fight for your family in West Texas, and help your family move forward. Call us at 432-203-0060 or fill out a contact form.
More Information for Parents in Midland
Frequently Asked Questions About Helping You File a Child Injury Claim
How much does it cost to file a claim?
At The Button Law Firm, we don’t charge you or collect any upfront fees to get started on your case. We work on contingency. This way, your family can focus on helping your child recover from their injuries while we focus on advocating and fighting for you. Call us at 432-203-0060 or fill out a contact form to get started.
Who do you represent?
We advocate for innocent children who were harmed and their families. Our team of attorneys can also help the family members of loved ones who passed away. With offices in Midland, we are ready to advocate for your family anywhere in West Texas and the Permian Basin, including Midland, Odessa, and Lubbock.
How can I file a claim?
Simply contact our team of expert child injury lawyers by calling 432-203-0060 or filling out a contact form, and we can determine the best way to help you.
Is there a time limit to file a claim?
Children who were seriously harmed or those with family members of children who were injured or killed because of an accident have two years to file a claim. Contact our team of Midland, Texas daycare injury lawyers today at 432-203-0060 or fill out a contact form and we can determine how the legal statutes impact your case.
Why should I work with The Button Law Firm?
We are dedicated to helping children and their families who have been harmed at daycare, school, or other locations. Our child injury lawyers are ready to listen to you, advocate for your family, and help you hold negligent parties accountable. See what our past clients have to say about working with us to handle their legal matters.