How Our Dallas Lawyers Help Families in the DFW Metroplex
Earlier this year, the U.S. Census Bureau ranked the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex as the fastest-growing metro area in the country. That means more families with children are moving to North Texas, and thus, there is a growing need for an experienced Dallas child injury attorney, including our team at The Button Law Firm. We are dedicated to advocating for innocent children and their families in the event that an unspeakable incident has harmed or injured them.
Common Child Injuries and How They Happen in Dallas, TX
Like you, parents in Dallas do everything they can to keep their children safe. However, sometimes a parents’ worst nightmare becomes reality: Their child is seriously injured while in the care of another person at a daycare or foster care facility, or they are harmed at what’s supposed to be a family-oriented venue like a theme park, or they can even be hurt while riding a school bus.
Unfortunately, compared to adults, children are more susceptible to sustaining serious injuries. Their bodies are small and still developing, so any impact could potentially cause more damage to the skull, spinal cord, bones, and brain. Also, children lack the ability to judge or assess the safety issues that arise from everyday items. A vast majority of the time, injuries that children sustain are preventable with proper supervision. Examples of serious injuries caused by neglect, abuse, or facility mismanagement in the Dallas and North Texas area include:
- Broken Bones
- Emotional Trauma
- Physical Abuse
- Severed Fingers, Arms, Legs, or Toes
- Sexual Abuse
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Tears in Joints or Muscles
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
Our law firm is here to help families in Dallas, like yours, navigate these awful situations and hold the responsible individuals/parties accountable. In our experience, the most common injuries to children are caused by:
- Amusement and Theme Parks, Water Parks: Preventable accidents at amusement and theme parks in the DFW metroplex like Six Flags Over Texas and Hurricane Harbor can leave children severely injured.
- Daycare Abuse and Neglect: Many parents in Dallas and North Texas rely on daycares to take care of their children while they are at work. Sadly, some daycare centers cut corners resulting in unsafe environments for the children they are supposed to be protecting.
- Foster Care Abuse and Neglect: The Texas foster care system is one of the largest in the country, and unfortunately, there are cracks in the system that put innocent children in harm's way, leaving them vulnerable to abuse and neglect.
- School Buses: When parents send their children to school on a bus, they trust that their most precious cargo, their kids, will arrive safely. However, this is not always the case for some of the 1.3 million Texas students who ride a school bus every day.
- Summer Camps: Summer camp is an exciting adventure for kids, but serious injuries and harm can occur that ruin your child’s experience.
- Toys: Toys allow children to grow their imaginations, explore creativity, and even help with learning through play. However, children can be seriously harmed when they are not supervised properly while playing.
Was Your Child Hurt in Dallas or North Texas? We Can Help.
If your child has been hurt or harmed in Dallas, Frisco, Prosper, McKinney, Plano, Carrollton, or anywhere in North Texas, your child and family may be eligible for compensation to cover:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
Russell Button, Ashley Washington, and Jessica Davis, the experienced child injury attorneys at The Button Law Firm, are dedicated to advocating for you and your family if your child is hurt in an incident. With offices in Dallas, we are ready to listen, fight for your family in North Texas, and help your family move forward. Call us at 214-699-4409 or fill out a contact form. We help families in cities throughout North Texas, including Addison, Allen, Arlington, Carrolton, Celina, Coppell, Euless, Farmer’s Branch, Forney, Frisco, Irving, Lewisville, McKinney, Midlothian, Plano, Prosper, Richardson, and Rowlett.
Areas Served in Dallas/Fort Worth
- Farmers Branch
- Grand Prarie
- Little Elm
- Flower Mount
- Fort Worth
Frequently Asked Questions About Helping You File a Child Injury Claim
How much does it cost to file a claim?
At The Button Law Firm, we don’t charge you or collect any upfront fees to get started on your case. We work on contingency. This way, your family can focus on helping your child recover from their injuries while we focus on advocating and fighting for you. Call us at 214-699-4409 or fill out a contact form to get started.
Who do you represent?
We advocate for innocent children who were harmed and their families. Our team of attorneys can also help the family members of loved ones who passed away. With offices in Dallas, we are ready to advocate for your family anywhere in North Texas, including Addison, Allen, Arlington, Carrolton, Celina, Coppell, Euless, Farmer’s Branch, Forney, Frisco, Irving, Lewisville, McKinney, Midlothian, Plano, Prosper, Richardson, and Rowlett.
How can I file a legal claim in Texas?
Is there a time limit to file a legal claim in Texas?
Children who were seriously harmed or those with family members of children who were injured or killed because of an accident have two years to file a claim. Contact our team of daycare injury lawyers today at 214-699-4409 or fill out a contact form and we can determine how the legal statutes impact your case.
Why should I work with The Button Law Firm?
We are dedicated to helping children and their families who have been harmed at daycare, school, or other locations. Our child injury lawyers are ready to listen to you, advocate for your family, and help you hold negligent parties accountable. See what our past clients have to say about working with us to handle their legal matters.