The Button Law Firm, Your Texas Car & Truck Crash Attorneys
We understand the impact that a car crash can have on your life and your loved ones. Car wrecks leave people feeling overwhelmed, stressed out, and alone. These feelings have ripple effects on our family life, our work life, and our social life. Yet, the reality is, life does not stop so you can take a moment to deal with things.
The Button Law Firm provides you with a team of car wreck lawyers and victim advocates to help you keep moving forward. Our team is ready to help you and your loved ones.
Were You Injured in a Car Crash?
3 Things You Need To Do Now
First, Follow our step-by-step guide on what to do at the scene of a car wreck.
Second, Seek medical attention. If you choose not to go to the emergency room right away, seek medical attention when you start to feel pain. Not all injuries are visible or easily recognizable. Getting checked out by a doctor is imperative.
Third, Follow our step-by-step guide on handling your property damage claim.
You go to great lengths to keep your family safe, including driving a car with necessary safety features to protect your precious cargo. You buckle your kids in the right car seats and follow traffic laws to avoid deadly collisions. However, when an oil tanker comes up fast behind you on I-20, there is not much you can do to prevent a tragic accident. At that point, it is up to the truck driver to behave responsibly and avoid a crash. Unfortunately, far too many of these drivers are fatigued, impaired, distracted, or just plain incompetent, making a collision that much more likely. If you live in Texas, you have probably shared the road with plenty of commercial trucks, especially oil field vehicles such as tankers, winch trucks, swab rigs, and vacuum trucks. If you are unfortunate enough to be the victim of one of these driver’s mistakes, you will need an experienced Texas truck crash attorney. You will need the Button Law Firm.
Were You Injured in a Truck Crash?
At the Button Law Firm, we represent injured victims of truck crashes when a trucking company resists paying a settlement, but we also fight to compel that trucker or trucking company to make changes to ensure that another person is not harmed. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), when a truck crash occurs, it is often caused by one of the following contributing factors:
- Driver fatigue. Drivers are required by federal law to limit the number of hours they drive in one stretch. However, many drivers ignore these rules and enter false information in the required hours-of-service logs. When a fatigued driver is behind the wheel of an 18-wheeler, he is putting many lives at risk. In many cases, the driver’s employer has forced him to exceed hours-of-service limits and therefore shares the blame for a resulting accident.
- Driver distraction. Long-distance truckers face many challenges, including boredom, loneliness, navigation problems, and logging requirements. Unfortunately, they often cope with these challenges by multi-tasking behind the wheel. Using a smartphone to have a video chat with a friend may help pass the time, but it also takes the driver’s attention off the road. Setting and following a navigation system is also distracting and can lead to an accident, as can logging hours and miles in a paper or electronic logbook. When a driver is in control of a 40-ton semi-truck, he should be fully focused on the task of driving.
- Impaired drivers. While illegal drugs and alcohol account for some of the truck accidents that occur each year, more drivers are impaired by prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines. When a trucker is pressured to deliver a load despite being sick, he may take medicines that cause drowsiness and inattention. Other drivers may abuse over-the-counter drugs in an attempt to stay awake. Mandatory drug testing following an accident can determine the cause of impairment, and an experienced attorney will make sure those tests are conducted.
- Unqualified drivers. We are facing a major shortage of truck drivers across the U.S. right now. This can lead to trucking companies hiring drivers with poor driving records, a history of drug or alcohol abuse, or who are in poor health. While this is against federal law, it still happens, especially when companies are desperate to move freight. If the driver who caused your accident was not qualified to drive a truck, his employer might be partially to blame.
- Poorly maintained trucks. Bad brakes and poor tires are the leading causes of vehicle failure accidents. When a driver fails to conduct mandatory inspections of his rig or trucking companies don’t follow up with routine maintenance, they send dangerous vehicles out on the roads. In these accidents, both the driver and the trucking company could be to blame.
No matter what caused the accident that left you injured or a loved one dead, we will investigate to determine who caused it and hold them responsible.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways for 2019 was 1.26 deaths per hundred million vehicle miles traveled. This is a 2.33% decrease from 2018.
- During 2019, more DUI - Alcohol crashes were reported in the hour between 2:00 am and 2:59 am than any other hour of the day. Also, more of these crashes occurred on Saturday than any other day of the week.
- There were 12,897 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2019 with 15,843 people sustaining a serious injury*
Types of Car Wrecks The Button Law Firm Can Help With
You're hurt. Your Family is worried. Your car needs to get fixed. You have to miss work. There is so much going on. Let us help you, we specialize in a variety of crashes, and we have gone to trial and settled successfully in the following car wreck situations.
We Handle All Types of Car and Truck Accident Cases, Including:
- Rollover car accidents
- Front-impact collisions
- Rear-end accidents
- Rear impact crashes
- T-bone car crashes
- DWI wrecks
- DUI wrecks
- Motorcycles crashes
- Truck wrecks
- Tractor-trailer wrecks
- Pedestrian hit by a car
How Much Time Do You Have To File A Claim?
The time limit to file a claim or lawsuit is called the statute of limitations. Whether you need to file a claim with your insurance company or file a lawsuit:
The Time Limit For Filing a Law Suit is Two Years in Texas.
There are a few exceptions, but a safe measure of the time limit is two years from the wreck date. This is important for a few reasons.
First, you need to know this so you do not miss the deadline.
Second, you need to know about this deadline, so if you cannot resolve your claim on your own with the insurance company, you know that you need to reach out to a trial lawyer in this window of opportunity.
Third, you need to know that the time limit is 2 years, so you do not wait until the day before that deadline to contact an attorney to help you. More often than not, we turn down cases when they call us the day before the statute of limitations.
This is why we provide so much free information on handling your own claim or choosing the right lawyer for your case. We want to make sure that you are informed to make a great decision on what is best for you, your case, and your family. Give us a call if you have any questions.
Insurance Claims and What to Do Before You Call
Following a car wreck, you can be left with pain, unpaid medical bills, a damaged car, and what feels like a mountain of unanswered questions. Having an experienced and respected team on your side will make all the difference. The Button Law Firm has handled cases against many insurance companies, including State Farm, Geico, Progressive, USAA, and
Our team can step your through the in's and out's of the claims process of each major auto insurance provider Including:
We will put the tools you need in your toolbox to help you be successful and avoid all of the normal trappings that could impede not only your access to recovery but your access to reclaiming your life. If you're having issues with your Insurance company, we can help! Give us a call or you can check out some of the things we've written on what to do about denied claims.
7 Tips On How To Stop Insurance Companies From Robbing You Blind
The Time is Now.
How Can The Button Law Firm Help?
The Button Law Firm team has represented car accident victims in Texas since the day we first began. We are dedicated to doing everything we can to keep you moving forward. We know that life doesn’t just stop when something bad happens. Let us handle some of the stress that you are facing.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a car crash, please give us a call for a free consultation. You may also reach us by submitting an inquiry online here.
Other Button Law Firm Guides available for download for FREE: